Best Barnett Crossbows For Hunting and Target Shooting
This crossbow is one of the most expensive Barnett crossbows, but it has the features to show for it. For starters, it has the ability to propel arrows at a top speed of 430 feet per second, backed by 156 foot-pounds of kinetic energy. This amount of thrust is very lethal at short range and very effective for long range hunting as well.
It features Barnett’s patented carbonlite step-through riser, which doubles up as a foot stirrup to enable you to pull its 187-pound draw weight with ease. This riser is lightweight and shifts most of the bow’s weight balance towards the stock, making it very stable and comfortable to hold as you place it on your shoulders.
It has a CNC machined aluminum flight track that enables the string to glide smoothly as it transfers its momentum to the arrow on pressing the trigger. This gives it a longer lifespan because it experiences a very small amount of friction.
Safety is prioritized in this setup. It has a nock sensor, an anti-dry fire trigger system (which eliminates any firing if the arrow is not set properly in place), finger guards and finger safety. All these work together to safeguard the bow’s components as well as to safeguard you as the user.
Features at a glance
• String dampeners make it a stealthy weapon
• Comes with a 1.5-5×32 illuminated scope, a rope cocking device, lube wax, a side mounted quiver and 2 22” Headhunter arrows.
• 16.25” power stroke
• The riser is attached to the stock using a single bolt
• The stock has four Picatinny rails built in and a pass-through foregrip
• Compatible with a crank cocking device
• Trigger tech frictionless release technology
• Features a retractable underarm counterbalance support system