Best Barnett Crossbows For Hunting and Target Shooting
Unlike other Barnett crossbows, the FX2 requires no assembly at all. It comes ready to shoot straight out of the box. Having being introduced in 2016, it is a relatively new crossbow and introduces the fully assembled range of expected Barnett crossbows.
Construction wise, its stock is made of a lightweight composite material and contains CNC machined 7/8” Picatinny rails for attaching accessories to enhance the FX2’s performance. The stock also has a pass-through foregrip that enables you to hold the bow using both hands, making it more stable to shoot with. Additionally, this foregrip has finger savers and an adjustable butt pad that makes it very comfortable to hold, giving you more stability.
The crossbow’s axle to axle length is 16”, which is quite small and thus very maneuverable when making your moves towards your target. It has a draw weight of 150 lbs. over a power stroke of 12.5” and this enables the bow to propel arrows at 330 FPS with 97 Ft. pounds of kinetic energy. This amount of thrust is quite powerful for hunting and it comes with a 4×32mm multi-reticle scope to help you direct all this energy accurately towards the target.
Features at a glance
• Features an anti-vibration foot stirrup for easy and quiet drawing when reloading
• Comes with a 3 arrow capacity quiver attached
• Self-adjusting soft-lok floating bristle arrow retainer
• Weighs 6.5 pounds
• Comes with a 4×32mm multi-reticle scope, a rope cocking device, a 3-arrow quiver and 3 20” headhunter bolts.
• Comes in a Realtree hardwood camo color